Dutch tax opinions
As Dutch tax advisors, we issue Dutch tax opinions. Because our specialty is Dutch corporate income tax and Dutch dividend withholding tax our Dutch tax opinions typically focus on this area of Dutch tax expertise.
Dutch corporate income tax opinion
Although the Dutch corporate income tax legislation application might not be straight forward in many cases, our Dutch corporate income tax opinions typically cover the application of the Dutch base erosion rules and the application of the Dutch participation exemption. In international restructurings, these topics seem to be the most important ones.
Dutch dividend withholding tax opinions
The Dutch dividend withholding tax rate is 15%. However, under the application of tax treaties, this rate might be mitigated. Anti-abuse rules such as dividend stripping and beneficial ownership requirements apply. In addition, it may be possible to do repurchase of shares, or a repay share premium. The Dutch dividend withholding tax opinions we issue typically cover the before mentioned and provide a level of comfort as to the desired outcome.
Dutch tax provisions
To determine a tax provision it is of importance to determine the applicable accounting principles and be able to quantify the incurred risks and/or exposure. We can quantify these tax risks and tax exposures for Dutch GAAP, US GAAP (FIN48 analysis), and IFRS.
If you would like to know more we have information readily available about:
More posts by Hendrik-Jan van Duijn
- DAC6 Directive: mandatory reporting of cross-border transactions in the Netherlands
- Set up a company abroad
- Netherlands- Egypt Tax Treaty highlights
- Changes in the Dutch Fiscal Unity Decree
- Dutch Tax Plan 2020: Corporate Income Tax Changes
- When is tax planning aggressive?
- Tax Plan 2019: What will become reality?
- Enforcement Plan Labour Relations
- Conversion of a negative capital account into debt
- Caution: Obligation to Declare Benchmark Reports
Personal opinions on subjects related to our specialties.